Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Make updating the playback rate asynchronous

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 04:40:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think the complexity I'm facing here comes down to the fact that we're triggering an async operation from simply setting a member.

If we made `playbackRate` update synchronously and _not_ do a compensatory seek to maintain the `currentTime`, and then had a separate method `setPlaybackRate()` that updated the `playbackRate` and did the compensatory seek, this would be a _lot_ easier and there would be a strong parallel with calling `play()`, `pause()` vs setting `currentTime`, `startTime`. I think that ship has probably sailed, however and we're stuck with this behavior.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2059#issuecomment-349193527 using your GitHub account