Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Make updating the playback rate asynchronous

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 04:40:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
This is proving messy. If we update the playback rate and clear the start time immediately, then when the async task runs, we want to calculate where the animation would be if continued running with the _original_ start time and playback rate, and then use that as the _current time_ when calculating the updated start time / hold time. i.e. it's not a single ratio but two values that need to be stored. Perhaps I can just use some hand-wavy language for this.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2059#issuecomment-349193524 using your GitHub account