Re: [csswg-drafts] [web-animations-1] Add parameter to getAnimations for getting animations in descendants too

From: Brian Birtles via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 04:38:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah I agree about dropping the filter feature. I wonder if we might still want something along the lines of `{ subtree: true }` for getting all animations from a node and its descendants (like MutationObservers). We've actually implemented that in Firefox but only turned it on for internal users--we use it for our DevTools and for UI code.

If we do go ahead with that then we might want something more extensible than a bool (although at the same time aligning with MutationObserver is nice). I'm not sure if we'll eventually need a third value for crossing shadow DOM boundaries or if that's even possible?

--
GitHub Notification of comment by birtles
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2058#issuecomment-349193323 using your GitHub account