Re: [csswg-drafts] [selectors-4] Rename :focus-ring to :focus-indicator

From: Brian Kardell via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 05 Dec 2017 00:21:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Just wanted to add that Alice and I have been talking about adding this to the agenda since the week before TPAC, I 100% support this. Just to add briefly: The fact that ':focus-ring' isn't necessarily a ring, nor does it necessarily have a 100% standard 'thing' that it does (some people use border, some people use backgrounds, certain things indicate just fine without) has been confusing, in actual practice, for a number of authors and testers I've encountered.  In all cases this was resolved by pointing to existing documents explaining that it is really a focus _indicator_ we're interested in.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by bkardell
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/2036#issuecomment-349152662 using your GitHub account