Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid][css-align] How items with synthesized baseline affect the size of intrinsic tracks

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 01 Dec 2017 19:21:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@mrego Correct.

@javifernandez
> Perhaps I'm understanding it wrong, but I've got the impression that it implies that such items are excluded of participating on baseline alignment on any axis I don't think that's necessary, nor desirable, since the only way of defining baseline alignment along the column axis is using orthogonal items.

Notes are not normative, they're just reminders! If you follow the link to the actual normative text in chapters 10.3 and 10.4, it's clear that the "doesn't baseline-align" is per-axis.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1365#issuecomment-348590071 using your GitHub account