Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-rhythm-1] Avoiding accidental double spacing

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2017 06:14:10 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> are the lines actually all spaced at the specified number?

To answer to your question with correct understanding, exact positioning of baselines is not part of the goal for Level 1 of the `line-height-step`, because:
* This isn't defined nor interoperable today with CSS2, nor CSS inline level 3 as of today.
* Consistent height and baseline jitters can be solved separately.
* While there're algorithms that can improve baseline jitters for some scripts, as in your proposal, East Asians are unlikely to get desired results until `dominant-baseline` is implemented. As some claimed, this level of the property is unlikely to be much useful for Latin.

When we've got enough infrastructure defined in CSS inline level 3 or in future levels, we can add features to solve baseline jitter problem.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/938#issuecomment-296533705 using your GitHub account