Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Should anonymous boxes always inherit through the box tree?

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 20:56:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Introducing text boxes would need to rewrite inline layout algorithm in order to take them into account. As I said in https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1249#issuecomment-295437708, I think it would be easier (both conceptually and to spec) to handle this by wrapping each contiguous run of text that is directly contained inside an element into an anonymous inline box, which would inherit from the element. In practice it should almost be the same. Thoughts?

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1118#issuecomment-295909213 using your GitHub account