Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-transforms-1] Transforms on root SVG element

From: Amelia Bellamy-Royds via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Apr 2017 03:31:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sorry I didn't see this issue before.

I guess we never quite followed up with a formal resolution, but the decision of the SVG WG (reflected in the SVG 2 spec's user-agent stylesheet) was to treat a root SVG element as having a CSS box.  That also is consistent with browsers (which also allow backgrounds and borders on it).  The only implementation issue was for transforms, and I think Firefox has already fixed up some of the issues I noted in that email from two years ago, but I'm not sure if everything is consistent yet.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/894#issuecomment-295566486 using your GitHub account