Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align] Allowing fallback alignments without breaking shorthands

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 14:46:48 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> An alternate idea is to use the slash to separate the fallback from the initial.

I think that would be very confusing because slash is already used in the CSS Grid shorthands (`grid`, `grid-template`, `grid-area` etc) to separate row-axis from column-axis values. A slash in the `place-` shorthands should have the same meaning, i.e. `place-content: <align-value> / <justify-value>`.
Examples:
```css
place-content: space-between start / center; /* space-between b-axis with start fallback, center i-axis */
place-content: space-between / center; /* synonym to "space-between center" */
```

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1002#issuecomment-295295601 using your GitHub account