Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-page-float] order of page floats with different float references

From: KAWAKUBO Toru via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 19 Apr 2017 06:34:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Does this come from a user? In that case, what did the user expect to happen?

Yes. One of our users asked us to order the floats "correctly" in such a case.
It may be a matter of taste, though (I am personally fine with the “reversed” order).

>From a user's point of view, expected behavior may be either of the following:
- If two floats are floated to top and stacked in the “reversed” order, then the latter “page” float should be floated to bottom rather than top. Such behavior is impossible with any of the current `float` values in the spec. (`snap-block` is similar but how the float direction is determined is different.) Perhaps we need a new value of `float` for this.
- If such a “reversed” order happens, the latter float should be deferred to the next fragmentainer. In this way we can always guarantee the “correct” order, but more floats are deferred even if there is enough room for them.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by kwkbtr
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1239#issuecomment-295120286 using your GitHub account