[csswg-drafts] [css-page-floats] inline alignment of block-end floats

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 06:49:02 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
frivoal has just created a new issue for https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-page-floats] inline alignment of block-end floats ==
[the definition of `float: block-end`](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-page-floats/#valdef-float-block-end) calls for
> a box that is floated to the block-end and line-end outer edges of the float reference.

This is what Vivliostyle implements, but is different from what prince and antena house do: they float to block-end and **line-start**.

Later version of the spec should definitely make this an author selectable choice (e.g. `float: bottom right`), but until then, we think it may be preferable to align on these existing implementations.

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1236 using your GitHub account