Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] Glossary *-level definitions

From: Loirooriol via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2017 01:38:01 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
OK, I stand corrected. I still think that repeating the terms you are defining inside the definition seem a circularity. But now I see the definition is about "inline-level content", and it references "inline-level box". So not exactly the same, but still a problem if the definition of "inline-level box" is "box that is inline-level content".

What about this:

> ***inline-level** content*: box or contiguous run of text that participates in inline layout.
> ***block-level** content*: box that participates in block layout.

Or

Possibly linking [inline formatting context](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#inline-formatting-context) and [block formatting context](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-display-3/#block-formatting-context).

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1186#issuecomment-294646968 using your GitHub account