Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-3] word-break: break-all doesn't break before sentence-ending punctuation if UAX #14 is used

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Apr 2017 05:54:31 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@kojiishi Do you know of any place where `work-break: break-word` is defined? I know it exists in some implementations, but it is non standard and I don't understand it well. (Also, I thought the implementations where it exists where trying to remove it. How's that going?)

Also, I wonder what this proposed `break-any` is supposed to do with `&nbsp;`, 'WORD JOINER' (U+2060), etc. If we can all agree that it should break everything all the time, then the value is probably justified. If the answer ends up being "it depends", maybe we need a different custom control, rather than an ever expanding list of `break-sometimes`, `break-often`, `break-usually`… keywords

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1171#issuecomment-293157751 using your GitHub account