Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Two different colours for a "double" style outline

From: Sebastian Zartner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 07 Apr 2017 07:38:04 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
> Oh, OK, I understand.
>
> @SebastianZ Is there an example of the Mozilla -moz-border-*-colors, that you can point me to? I Googled it but couldn't find anything useful? So I could say... "yes, this is exactly what we're looking for the outline in CSS."

I've linked the `-moz-border-*-colors` with a related MDN page in my previous comment, but here it is again:
https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/CSS/-moz-border-bottom-colors

This is not exactly what you'd like to have, because it doesn't work together with other border styles than `solid`, but it shows how this could be implemented.

Having said that, I think @frivoal's second proposed solution to extend the outline properties is a better approach, as it conforms to the syntax of the `background-*` properties for providing multiple backgrounds. **But**, this may really be overkill.

Sebastian

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SebastianZ
Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1172#issuecomment-292464671 using your GitHub account