Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-rhythm-1] Why is 'none' an alias to '0'?

From: Koji Ishii via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 05 Apr 2017 16:50:58 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Sorry I was to respond to this but forgotten. Thank you Rick for the reminder.

So `none` is needed only when we add a feature like #938, that do something differently from just turning off, correct? I didn't understand that way when we added, sorry, but now it makes sense, thank you.

Currently #938 has i18n concern so I suppose it won't make as it is. Tab said he maybe come up with a new proposal that solves i18n concern, but we haven't got to it yet.

I think we can then:
* Remove `none` from the spec for now, since it's just an alias currently.
* When we've got an idea to add features that do differently from just turning off, add `none` back.
If UA supports `none`, changing its behavior is breaking, but if `none` is not parsed now, adding a new value later is easy, correct?

/cc @upsuper

Please view or discuss this issue at https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/1151#issuecomment-291924500 using your GitHub account