Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ruby][css-inline][css-pseudo] Interaction of initial letter and ruby

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2016 04:34:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
What is mysterious about the interaction of `::first-letter` with
ruby? Other than the fact that some properties, like `initial-letter`
might not work on children/descendants of ruby (which seems to be
unrelated to whether that descendant is a good old element or a
`::first-letter`), I don't see what the problem is.

Don't misunderstand me, I am not saying I am sure it is OK.
`::first-letter` is weird enough that there may very well be something
 tricky. I'm just not seeing what.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/654#issuecomment-257212261