Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-flexbox][css-align] Need clarification on `auto` margins for abspos flex children (do they collapse or expand)

From: Daniel Holbert via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2016 16:33:21 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Here's a version of my testcase with a block instead of a flexbox for
the container:  https://jsfiddle.net/yyayrn3n/

Based on this testcase, it looks like browsers interoperably collapse
"auto" margins on abspos children of CSS blocks. So, I suspect
Chrome/Edge's analogous flexbox behavior is sensible (in that it's
consistent with the traditional special-zeroing of auto margins on
abspos elements in other contexts).

So, I think the alignment spec just needs a bit of clarification to
make this more explicit, since IMO it's not at all clear (from the
spec) that this behavior is correct right now.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dholbert
Please view or discuss this issue at