Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text] behavior of copy/paste with text-transform

From: Sebastian Zartner via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 26 Oct 2016 08:26:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I just saw that my previous example was wrong. It should actually have
 been:

```css
h2 {
  text-transform: uppercase;
}

@media clipboard {
  h2 {
    text-transform: none;
  }
}
```

> Supposedly that would only apply to plain-text clipboard, and the
rich text version of the clipboard would be unaffected

I thought it would affect both, so the `text-transform` value would be
 part of the HTML data.
If wished, my proposal could even be extended to allow to distinguish
between plain text and HTML data by supporting MIME types:

```css
@media clipboard("text/plain") {
  h2 {
    text-transform: none;
  }
}

@media clipboard("text/html") {
  h2 {
    text-transform: none;
  }
}
```

While this approach allows the web author to control the styling of
the clipboard data, UAs still need to provide proper defaults. And
that's still the hard part.
So, Christophs argument that copied plain text should not be
influenced by CSS  is still valid.

Because a 'clipboard' media type is independent from this discussion,
I've filed issue #648 to discuss it separately.

Sebastian

--
GitHub Notification of comment by SebastianZ
Please view or discuss this issue at