[csswg-drafts] [css-grid] inconsistencies in the definition of grid container baselines

From: Javier Fernandez Garcia-Boente via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 24 Oct 2016 09:26:45 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
javifernandez has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-grid] inconsistencies in the definition of grid container
baselines ==
The section 11.6 of the CSS Grid Layout specification has some
inconsistencies, broken links and obscure statements that I think they
 deserve some clarification.
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-grid/#grid-baselines

> Otherwise, If the item has no alignment baseline **_*in that
axis*_**, then one is first synthesized from its border edges.

- What axis ? I think that text comes from the version which allowed
block-axis baselines.

> Otherwise, the grid container has no first (last) baseline set, and
one is synthesized if needed according to the rules of its alignment
context.

- The link 'alignment context' is broken.
- What does it means "synthesized according to the rules of its
alignment context." ?
- Why "if needed" ?

>From the last comment in
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/439 I came to the
conclusion that when the grid container has no baseline set it should
use its border bottom edge.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/638 using your GitHub
account