[csswg-drafts] [cssom][css-variable] Methods of CSSStyleDeclaration interface doesn't handle custom properties properly

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2016 23:23:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
upsuper has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom][css-variable] Methods of CSSStyleDeclaration interface
doesn't handle custom properties properly ==
In all methods which take a `property` parameter, there is a very
early step says:
> Let property be property converted to ASCII lowercase.

However, [name of custom properties is
case-sensitive](https://drafts.csswg.org/css-variables/#defining-variables),
 so this step would mess up custom properties.

In addition to that, some of the methods also have:
> If property is not a case-sensitive match for a supported CSS
property, terminate this algorithm.

This would make the method not usable for custom properties.

I think the solution is to recognize custom properties in an early
step, and only apply the above steps to non-custom properties.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/630 using your GitHub
account