Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-fonts-4] font-feature-settings don’t cascade

From: Nick Sherman via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 01:08:11 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@kennethormandy I believe the `<span>` issue you described is less
about cascading and more about spans breaking the contextual glyph
sequences for OpenType features in some (all?) browsers. I haven't
tested it recently, but in the past I ran in to problems where an
OpenType substitution would be broken if any of the characters that
triggered it were wrapped in spans.

Perhaps the CSS spec should be more explicit about how user agents
should handle contextual glyph substitution when there are spans
involved. But that probably deserves it's own separate issue.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by nicksherman
Please view or discuss this issue at