Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align] Add shorthands for alignment properties

From: Danilo Vaz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2016 22:29:23 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm a non-native speaker of English, I'm a Brazilian guy. So I agree
that most of terms cited are confusing. This terms make the task of
`align items` so confusing and frustrating.

I'm also agree with @malyw about the way him created shorthands to use
 with PostCSS. Here in Brazil, my friend @afonsopacifer has created
something like that, because it we agree the terms are so confusing.
So him created this: https://github.com/bananacss/bananacss

Of course, I know this have no sense to use terms like `bnn` when the
focus is on globalize. But it's a way to move on and find the right
choice. And when I tested this made much more sense for me than the
way existing today.

For now, I agree with `place`. But it's not the perfect term, **yet**.

And I really don't know if I should opine something about it and I
hope you will forgive me if this is not the right place. Anyway, as I
use CSS in my day to day and as a non-native speaker, I wanted to
contribute with my opinion :smile:

--
GitHub Notification of comment by danilovaz
Please view or discuss this issue at