Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align] Add shorthands for alignment properties

On Wed, 2016-10-12 at 10:57 -0700, Jen Simmons wrote:
> I feel like `arrange` could potentially be confusing because it's
too
> close to `align`.
>
> It's hard to remember which is which already:
> `justify-self`
> `align-self`
> `justify-items`
> `align-items`
> `justify-content`
> `align-content`

Traditionally in graphic design i think we have,
* distribute items - put even amounts of space between them
* align items - line them up along a common axis in some way
* justify items - distribute space between them so the edges align
with
two outer axes
* position items - a pretentious way of saying put items into their
assigned places

There are some other terms used in design and composition but I don't
think they are relevant here.

"arrange" is a more general term that subsumes all the ones I listed,
think.

Liam

--
GitHub Notification of comment by liamquin
Please view or discuss this issue at