[csswg-drafts] [css-conditional-3] [css-fonts-4] Allow CSS.supports('font-family: system-ui') for feature detection

From: Philip Jägenstedt via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 13:08:34 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
foolip has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [css-conditional-3] [css-fonts-4] Allow CSS.supports('font-family:
system-ui') for feature detection ==
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-conditional-3/#the-css-interface
https://drafts.csswg.org/css-fonts-4/#extended-generics

Context: blink-dev [Intent to Implement and Ship: The “system-ui”
generic font
family](https://groups.google.com/a/chromium.org/d/msg/blink-dev/hvN9YVvIb5c/5DrcunKSCAAJ)
 where I wonder "Would there really be any privacy concern in allowing
 support for an alias like this to be detected? It seems about as
harmless as CSS.supports('font-family: sans-serif')."

I couldn't actually find which specs makes it currently not work, help
 @kojiishi?

It seems like a good idea to support this for all generic font
families, to disable any code that might be making guesses based on
other information.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/590 using your GitHub
account