Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Re-adding min() and max()?

From: Lea Verou via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2016 00:43:09 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
It's generally good API design practice to have shortcuts for commonly
 needed things, otherwise you end up with clunky, verbose APIs that
are a pain to use for anything. I will not discuss whether what you're
 proposing is a good idea or not here, partly because I haven't
thought about it much. However, even if it is, using `map()` to
specify the min of two values results in extremely weird and
convoluted code. Power is good, as long as it stays out of your way
when you don't need it.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by LeaVerou
Please view or discuss this issue at