Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] [css-fonts-4] Native map() function in CSS

From: Keith Grant via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 10 Oct 2016 15:34:19 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
@MadeByMike To clarify: I’m not disagreeing with the need/utility this
 provides. What I mean is it’s tied to one particular use-case: fluid
responsive typography. I’m trying to see if there’s a more general use
 case/solution to tease out that would be beneficial for a broader
spectrum of problems.

You did mention other things like color, but making a color respond to
 viewport width seems... not very useful. It would be more flexible, I
 think, to break the problem apart: generate a multiplier value based
on X (e.g. viewport size between a min/max), and apply a multiplier to
 Y (e.g. font-size between min/max).

Then again, I’m having a hard time coming up with other use cases
anyway, so maybe the more general solution isn’t needed.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by keithjgrant
Please view or discuss this issue at