Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-box-3][css-21] Positioning boxes with { float:left; width:0px; }

From: L. David Baron via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 06 Oct 2016 20:47:15 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I haven't thought through the whole thing here, but one initial
comment:

> In the case of 0px-wide floaters, it is ALWAYS possible to put the
floater on the same line as the current one.

This isn't true, because the anchor point of the float need not be at
a break point, and the position of the next break point might not fit
in the line.  In this case, the float needs to be pushed down in order
 to satisfy rule 6:
> The outer top of an element's floating box may not be higher than
the top of any line-box containing a box generated by an element
earlier in the source document.

It's not yet clear to me how much of the above argument this refutes.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by dbaron
Please view or discuss this issue at