Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-display] create a display property value for visually hiding an element while making it available for AT

From: Thierry Koblentz via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sun, 02 Oct 2016 14:28:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think we already have the "[clip
technique](https://developer.yahoo.com/blogs/ydn/clip-hidden-content-better-accessibility-53456.html)"
 for this. To me, the problem is not how we can visually hide content
but rather how to deal with focusable elements inside boxes styled
this way. Because sighted keyboard users access these elements without
 any context. They know they are on a focusable element on the page
but they have no clue where and what it is (unless it's a link for
which the `href` value may appear at the bottom of the browser).

--
GitHub Notification of comment by thierryk
Please view or discuss this issue at