Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-scroll-snap] Choosing a snap position when children have mixed scroll-snap-align values

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 23:57:40 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
(Note - since we were asked to defer the 2d snapping, there are no
"points" in snapping. Center-aligning just independently adds vertical
 and horizontal snap positions which are independently chosen - you
might get a vertical center-alignment from the element, while you're
horizontally snapped to a different element.)

I'm slightly confused. Is this any different than "filter for elements
 you want to pay attention to, then use their snap positions"?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/780#issuecomment-264035693