Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Should caret-color apply to any element?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 18:16:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Looks good to me. Since that text cursor is defined in the same spec
though, we can augment that with hyperlinks.

Note: UAs might have additional things that count as "carets". For
example, some UAs can show a "navigation caret", which acts similarly
to an insertion caret but can be moved around in non-editable text,
and is functionally a caret. On the other hand, the cursor image shown
 when hovering over text when the 'cursor' property is ''auto'', or
when hovering over an element where the 'cursor' property is ''text''
or ''vertical-text'', though it sometimes resembles a caret, is not a
caret (it's a cursor).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/725#issuecomment-263950434