Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-ui] Should caret-color apply to any element?

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 30 Nov 2016 17:21:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I'm not sure why we should leave this undefined.  Navigation carets
are indeed undefined, but they're still *a caret*; it makes sense to
me that caret-color can control that color.  (Functionally they act
identically to a contenteditable caret.)

So I support defining it to be valid on all elements, perhaps with a
note pointing out that navigation carets, if they exist, count as a
"caret" which is affected by this property.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/725#issuecomment-263936054