Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align] place-items shorthand has wrong grammar

Hi,

On 11/26/2016 10:27 PM, Mats Palmgren wrote:
> Note the word /layout/ above though. The CSS Align properties are
fully
> implemented
> and enabled in the style system and that affects all box types, so
they
> will show up as
> computed values on blocks etc, it's just that they have no effect on
 the
> layout, except
> for Grid/Flexbox.
>
> (I think Chrome is taking a similar approach but I don't know the
details.)

Our opinion as implementors of the spec in Chrome was to enable the
CSS
Alignment feature, replacing the old syntax implemented by FF. The
Chrome
community agreed and prioritized web compatibility, so they recommend
follow what FF eventually does on this regard.  We are not sure what
WebKit
will do, though, but we expect to follow the same approach.

Other than that, the 'legacy' implementation introduced several
complexities
in the style resolution logic; in the same line than the effort we had
to do to
satisfy the 'auto' value resolution for the self-alignment properties.
Now that
have have got rid of those 'auto' values resolution, it's the perfect
moment
to take a decision on this legacy keyword issue.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by javifernandez
Please view or discuss this issue at