Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-align] place-items shorthand has wrong grammar

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Sat, 26 Nov 2016 21:46:43 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
The reason behind taking this all-or-nothing-per-module approach is to
 make it
easier for authors to know where these properties are supported.  For
now they
are only supported in Grid/Flexbox layout, and not at all on anything
else.  I think
it would be confusing for authors if the properties are supported in
varying
degrees in different modules by different UAs.  That would lead to
web-compat
problems eventually.  So I'm hoping that other UA vendors take a
similar approach.
Perhaps we should coordinate what to support next?  (I think Block
layout is the one
we've been discussing for Gecko.)

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at