[csswg-drafts] [cssom] Consider making CSSStyleRule.selectorText readonly

From: Xidorn Quan via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 06:07:24 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
upsuper has just created a new issue for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [cssom] Consider making CSSStyleRule.selectorText readonly ==
Setter of `CSSStyleRule.selectorText` is never implemented in Gecko
and Edge, Only WebKit (and Blink inheritably) has it.

It doesn't seem to be something highly desired, and when needed, it is
 also easy to polyfill, and the polyfill isn't supposed to have much
performance penalty than what can be done by the browser (rule parsing
 is cheap, selector matching is unavoidable).

Given these, I suggest we make it readonly in the spec and suggest
Blink and WebKit to remove their setter impl.

Please view or discuss this issue at
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/756 using your GitHub
account