Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] Stretching image grid items in both dimensions

From: fantasai via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 24 Nov 2016 05:55:59 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Checked in an attempt at fixing this per above discussion. :) Please
let me know if anything is askew. I took Mats's suggestion for
handling `normal`+`stretch`.

Wrt basing on `object-fit`... On the one hand, I think that would be
very handy. On the other, no other layout mode responds to
`object-fit`, so it might be confusing that Grid does. Note that the
same effect can be had by specifying `place-self: stretch` in addition
 to `object-fit: contain` or whatever. I'm open to feedback on this
issue, though, if anyone has a stronger opinion.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/523#issuecomment-262696296