[csswg-drafts] Pull Request: [mediaqueries-4] expand/change emphasis of advice for use of pointer/hover/any-pointer/any-hover

From: Patrick H. Lauke via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2016 20:17:14 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
patrickhlauke has just submitted a new pull request for
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts:

== [mediaqueries-4] expand/change emphasis of advice for use of
pointer/hover/any-pointer/any-hover  ==
Related to the discussion in
https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/690 this is an initial
expansion/change to the current advice given for
`pointer`/`hover`/`any-pointer`/`any-hover`.

It removes the use of "rare" (a loaded term), and changes the emphasis
 away from treating `any-*` just as a nice-to-have. It opens up the
possibility that authors may well want to design their page/app to
work well for all available inputs (or at least to take non-primary
inputs into account a bit more).

While I'm still not a fan of the "primary" concept, this PR would be
an compromise I could (currently) live with (in which case this PR
could close the relate issue)

See https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/715