Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline][css-writing-modes] definition of the central baseline

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 07 Nov 2016 05:38:25 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
That makes it clear what happens with Open type, but the way it is
phrased make it sound like other systems might behave differently, and
 if they do and have  ascent/descent = up/down, it isn't fully clear
if we should follow the ascent/descent = right/left anyway, or if we
should follow the font. I understand that we're supposed to use
right/left anyway, but I am not sure it is clear (i.e. informatively
unambiguous rather than just guessable).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/651#issuecomment-258751342