Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-text-4] Allow for paragraph-level line breaking

From: litherum via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2016 06:58:13 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Houdini should not be required to have beautiful paragraphs.

I also don't see a use case for `off`. Making `auto` the initial value
 is a good idea so browsers can improve their line breaking over time.

Eventually, adopting more customizability for smart paragraph breaking
 is totally reasonable in a later level. However, it's too early to
spec something like that in this level. However, the keyword "on" is
compatible because, in later levels, we could list additional keywords
 which would appear after the "on" value.

It sounds like Florian is leaning toward a new property. Therefore,
the current proposal is:

```css
paragraph-layout: auto | on
initial value: auto
```

Obviously we can bike-shed the name too.

--
GitHub Notification of comment by litherum
Please view or discuss this issue at