Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-inline][css-writing-modes] definition of the central baseline

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 02 Nov 2016 14:20:27 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Forgive my ignorance, but how does that work? If you have upright +
vertical-rl (for example), isn't the ascent up, and the descent down,
while we want a central baseline that's halfway between left and
right?

Or do ascent and descent somehow mean left and right in that context?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/651#issuecomment-257878271