Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-break] table orphans and widows

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 01 Nov 2016 13:09:30 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I don't know of the use case for mixed writing modes and table
fragmentation (although I am sure that with a bit of digging, we could
 find something).

Putting that aside, for table row orphans/widows, I've run into the
requirement into documents with dense data table, and it was judged
bad to have for example 12 rows of data on one page/column and 1 row
on the next, and we're rather have 11/2 or 10/3.

I agree that there is a good chance that there is an analogue with
grids, so it is worth considering. At the same time, a table row is
often a single line of text, and that's in these cases that the
property would be most desirable. I don't think that's nearly as
frequent with Grid, but I could be wrong.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/367#issuecomment-257562289