Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-tables] How does table-layout:fixed even work?

From: François REMY via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 25 May 2016 00:41:55 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Oh, that makes sense. Otherwise we would wrap at every word, or so.
Thank for clarifying.

Still found another strange case when combined with flex for this one
(still reasonable in Firefox and Edge, not much so in Chrome):
https://jsfiddle.net/q05o4drf/6/
https://jsfiddle.net/q05o4drf/7/

Do you think we should make Firefox/Edge behavior per spec? How would
we achieve that? If max-content was really infinite, the table should
accept to grow; shouldn't it?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/121#issuecomment-221443179