Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-round-display][mediaquery] Properly define 'viewport-fit'

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2016 05:42:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Defining this in terms of "what would be reachable / visible on a
rectangular display" is probably the right way to deal with it: this
is actually the intent, so why not spell it out, and it is a
verifiable non-fuzzy claim (regardless of whether an automated testing
 setup is easy to put together).

I am less sure about restricting it to “significant” content. While I
agree that insignificant things, by definition, aren't important,
agreeing on what's significant is trickier, and I think the fuzziness
that this introduces in the definition will cause more problems than
it solves.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/171#issuecomment-229564489