Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-content] Generation of bookmarks from CSS is not defined

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 23 Jun 2016 03:15:42 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
By HTML implementation, do you mean implementations of this CSS
features that work on HTML? As far as I know, all the implementations
support it for the CSS+HTML combo.

We (Vivliostyle) are also planning on supporting it, because there are
 multiple implementations of it, content to be compatible with, and
market demand for it. And since our engine does not only render to
PDF, but also to screen, we will be supporting it in both cases.

Whether believe it to be a great design or not, or whether it should
have been added to something else than CSS is moot for us at this
point. Standardization is here to unsure interoperability. This is a
feature implemented as part of the CSS language by multiple parties,
and interop is desirable.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/204#issuecomment-227939200