Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-values] Logical equivalents for vw/vh units

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 21:42:40 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Hm, unexpected complication: I'm defining them to take their direction
 from the root element, but what do we do when you evaluate them in a
context without an element?  Like, in MQ we define `rem` without
reference to a root element.  Do we have a usable notion of writing
mode at the document level, without referencing elements or CSS?

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/113#issuecomment-227885938