Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-grid] when to apply the clamping for fit-content() tracks?

From: Mats Palmgren via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2016 19:27:12 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Thanks for the quick response!  I agree that integrating the
fit-content() clamping into
the track sizing algorithm is a good idea.

I hacked our layout to test this feature a bit and it seems like the
steps Tab
suggested above leads to the fit-content() track growing beyond what
it would
be if it were "minmax(auto,max-content)" - is this expected?
I'm using "grid-template-columns: fit-content(40%) minmax(100px,
1fr);"
and when the window is wide enough that 40% is larger than the largest
 of the
item max-content contributions in the first column then the first
column is 40%.
However, if I remove Tab's step 1, then it seems to work as expected.

I'm still a bit unsure what the exact behavior should be though, so it
 would good
if you can provide a Grid example I can use to verify I'm implementing
 this correctly...

--
GitHub Notification of comment by MatsPalmgren
Please view or discuss this issue at