Re: [csswg-drafts] [mediaqueries-4] Can't have 'not', 'and' and 'or' at the same level

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 15 Jun 2016 02:55:52 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I think it is pretty confusing with `not` as well. Binding strongly as
 in other languages sounds reasonable at first, but then you have to
consider that in the legacy syntax `@media not screen and (width:
12345px) {...}` it binds more weakly than `and`.

Morality: don't guess, and stick parentheses in there, which is why we
 resolved to require them. (Can't find the link right now, but I am
pretty sure we have a resolution a few years back).

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/pull/185#issuecomment-226075444