Re: [csswg-drafts] HTMLElement.prototype.offsetParent leaks a node inside a shadow tree

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 01 Jun 2016 16:50:00 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
I support @rniwa's answer - walking up until you find a valid
(non-leaky) `offsetParent`, then making sure that `offsetLeft` and
`offsetTop` are both relative to that, should work great.

This will still leave us with cases where an element is in a shadow
tree and the only possible offset parents are outside the shadow. That
 leaks in the *opposite* way - info leaking *into* the shadow.  Is
that ok? I know this happens with CSS inheritance and such, but I
dunno how strict we are about element refs leaking in.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/159#issuecomment-223054869