Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] Unnecessary comma in color()

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 16:23:17 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Yeah, I haven't touched color-mod() yet.

We previously agreed to make rgb() and rgba() both
3-arg-with-optional-alpha, so I kept that in. If we decide we don't
want that change to the old syntax, we can rip it out later.

I do care about the simplicity of just making rgba() an alias for
rgb(). Remember tha any differences mean implementation effort has to
be expended to parse them differently; I don't think there's a strong
enough principled reason to justify a difference.

I might rearrange things to only put the "rgb(r g b / a)" syntax up
front, and move all the others (rgb(r, b, g), rgba() in general) to
the bottom of the section and describe them as legacy compat.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/266#issuecomment-235947498