Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] What to do if there's no valid fallback?

From: Florian Rivoal via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2016 12:23:06 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Maybe we want to define something like current-background-color. In
general, that'd be useful. and if we had that, maybe the fallback of
color() should be context sensitive, be either currentColor or
current-background-color depending on the property it's used it. Or
maybe that's overkill, I'm not sure.

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/349#issuecomment-235878944