Re: [csswg-drafts] [css-color] Unnecessary comma in color()

From: Tab Atkins Jr. via GitHub <sysbot+gh@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 27 Jul 2016 19:50:07 +0000
To: public-css-archive@w3.org
Looks like it was decided in the telcon today to accept fantasai's
suggested syntax:

```
<color>? )
```

(I'm happy with this; the comma usage is to separate fallbacks, which
corresponds to the "separating repetitions" usage that CSS normally
uses commas for. I still don't think the slash is *necessary*, but I'm
 fine with having it, and doing so means it's clear where the alpha is
 even if you use a `<number>` for alpha, or if we in the future allow
the colorspace arguments to be `<percentage>`s.)

https://github.com/w3c/csswg-drafts/issues/266#issuecomment-235699494